LETTING FEES INFORMATIONTenants wishing to secure a property will be required to pay a holding deposit which will be the equivalent of one week's rent*.
* This will then be deducted from the 1st month's rent on the day of move-in.
Please note: The tenant will NOT be refunded their holding deposit if the tenant does not have the right to rent the property pursuant to the Immigration Act 2014 and the landlord or letting agent did not know, and could not reasonably have been expected to know, that prior to accepting the deposit; if the tenant provides false or misleading information to the landlord or letting agent. In such cases the landlord is reasonably entitled to take into account the difference between the information provided by the tenant and the correct information as well as the tenant's actions when deciding whether to grant a tenancy; if the tenant decides not to enter into a tenancy agreement of the property or fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement.
If a tenant wishes to leave early and terminate the tenancy, and subject to the landlord agreeing to this, there is an early release fee of £300 including VAT.
If a tenant wishes to make any variations to the tenancy or assignments or novation there is an administration fee of no more than £50 including VAT.
Tenants will also be charged between £10 and £60 for losing their keys or other access security devices, depending on the cost of the replacement keys or devices.
Interest on late payment of rent is capped at 3% above the Bank of England base rate.
FEES PAYABLE BY LANDLORDS RENTING THEIR PROPERTY THROUGH HOME SWEET HOMEOur Landlords can choose from 3 different levels of service which are detailed below:
* Intro Only / Tenant Find 3 weeks rent (this includes VAT) (a one-off payment).
* Basic Letting 9.6% (includes VAT) per calendar month (8%+VAT).
* Full Management 12.0% (includes VAT) per calendar month (10%+VAT).
* There is then the option of paying an additional 2%+VAT per month to include the referencing and the credit checks of tenants OR Landlords can opt to pay £180 including VAT per tenant at the start of the tenancy.
* Securing or Re-securing of the Deposit is charged at the rate of £60 including VAT.
* Preparing of initial Tenancy Agreements is charged at the rate of £120 including VAT.
* Renewal of the Tenancy Agreement is charged at the rate of £60 including VAT.
* A discount is available for landlords with more than one property.
* A discount is available for landlords who have purchased through Home Sweet Home.
For your peace of mind:
Home Sweet Home are members of MyDeposits and we are also a member of a client money protection scheme run by Client Money Protect (CMP) (click to download certificate). We are also members of an independent redress scheme run by The Property Ombudsman.